Six Guiding Principles for OA.mg
- Knowledge should be accessible to all.
- Everyone – from a farmer in Tanzania to a pupil in Guatemala or an engineer in Taiwan – should have access to the same papers as a student at Cambridge.
- The things that used to hold us back no longer do. With internet access and time, anyone can learn anything. Every paper ever published should be readable for anyone who is interested in it.
- In the future, all papers will be Open Access.
- We are building this future.
- Researchers, PhDs, and students should make a good living, and the value they provide to society should be acknowledged.
We have nothing to lose but our chains.